logo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Instalation
Huh Instalation 04-02-2013, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 03:25 AM by FatSpiderman.)
Post So I noticed just today that this awesome monster has released. I promptly downloaded it and attempted to add it with my FoC.

Unfortunetly, it seems that I have downloaded the file as:
CAW-FirstRelease.zip.part

And neither Winrar, 7-zip, nor The Uncompressor (another random one I use when lazy) can even look inside the folder. Am I failing in doing something or downloaded it wrong?

Also, after my unziping is complete, does it follow the same click ->drag-> drop in Mods folder, procedure as some other mods?

Signature [Image: a_cree11.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Instalation 04-02-2013, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 08:58 AM by DGaius.)
(04-02-2013 03:25 AM)FatSpiderman Wrote:  So I noticed just today that this awesome monster has released. I promptly downloaded it and attempted to add it with my FoC.

Unfortunetly, it seems that I have downloaded the file as:
CAW-FirstRelease.zip.part

And neither Winrar, 7-zip, nor The Uncompressor (another random one I use when lazy) can even look inside the folder. Am I failing in doing something or downloaded it wrong?

Also, after my unziping is complete, does it follow the same click ->drag-> drop in Mods folder, procedure as some other mods?

I have no idea why it comes up as 'zip.part', because it's supposed to be .zip. I am sure you can manually delete the '.part' and open it with winrar or 7-zip.

The installation procedure is indeed drag - drop. If you use the shortcut be sure to follow the readme instructions and use the quotation marks (""). Here is an example of the target: "C:\Program Files(x86)\Lucasarts\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\swfoc.exe" MODPATH=Mods\CaW
If you use steam the installation path is a little different, check out this comment from Neronix17:
Quote:1. Install mod as usual to the steam version of Empire at War
2. Open Steam, right click on the game in the list and choose properties.
3. Click Set Launch options
Then use
sweaw MODPATH=Mods\ModName for EaW
swfoc MODPATH=Mods\ModName for FoC

ModName can be swapped out for any EaW or FoC mod, so in this case it would be
swfoc MODPATH=Mods\CaW
Last but not least we have already released the first patch, so be sure to check that out. If anything is wrong with the icons, check out the icon fix and if the mod doesn't work at all make sure you're upgraded to the 1.1 FoC patch or that you have the gold pack (which already contains the update).

It's highly advised to read the readme, as we tried to make the game harder. The patch fixes a few things in the balancing, but it's still not regular FoC. And last but not least: It's space skirmish only!!!!

I think that has been the most complete installation manual I've written over the past two months now lol Tongue

Signature Apex Studios Composer/sound designer/Mapper: http://www.soundcloud.com/dgaius
[Image: Halorangersrezised_zps46835a16.jpg]
"We need Megazord power, now!"
Find all posts by this user
RE: Instalation 04-02-2013, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 12:23 PM by Anh Nhan.)
Post The .zip.part probably comes from an unfinished download. Browsers always download files as somefile.ext.part first, then rename it after download.

Signature I'm a Type 2 programmer. Anyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyan!
RE: Instalation 04-02-2013, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 09:09 PM by FatSpiderman.)
Post Odd, I started up my computer today and the .zip appeared in my downloads o.O

Quote:And last but not least: It's space skirmish only!!!!
In curiosity, do you guys plan to expand to GC and Ground?

My last question being: This is also MP ready yes?

edit: Also, why is everyone complaining that easy is so hard o_o I bot stomped a 1v1v1 (UNSC v Cov v Con). mind you, not having played 1.1 yet this may change <_<;

RE: Instalation 04-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Quote:why is everyone complaining that easy is so hard

That's because... we first changed the strategies you require to play the game (unless you spam), and second, because we made the old hard the new easy and amped up hard. In the readme you can see:
- Easy: Legendary
- Medium: Mythic
- Hard: Mythic++

And yes, we plan to release ground. GC is undisclosed, since we have some ideas, but not enough staff to code through such one in reasonable time.

Signature I'm a Type 2 programmer. Anyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyan!
RE: Instalation 04-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Post 1.1 makes it even easier, in all honesty we (as in the dev's) didn't quite understand the ruckus either.

To answer your questions:
- we're doing our best to release a ground skirmish release by december
- after skirmish is working the way we want it we'll go into GC
- Anh and I tried MP but it doesn't seem to work yet (as only space skirmish has been touched)

Signature Apex Studios Composer/sound designer/Mapper: http://www.soundcloud.com/dgaius
RE: Instalation 05-02-2013, 03:54 AM
Post easier?! ~_~ I see that our fellow admirals fail at their jobs. I mean, I didn't even get to a lvl 4 station because I wiped the map with Hvy Frigates,_,

i just installed the 1.1, will play tomorrow. can't wait to bash in some heads after school. Also, just as a final question. I noticed the consortium acquired a flood looking logo. Possibly a sneak peak to what is to come?

And with that I thank you guys in advance for making and continuing such an awesome project! I only wonder what this "Halo Campaign" thing that seems to be floating around your mod's discussion. Doesn't seem like it is too great if it requires another mod to make it good tho.

RE: Instalation 05-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:Possibly a sneak peak to what is to come?

Yessss!!

Quote:I only wonder what this "Halo Campaign" thing that seems to be floating around your mod's discussion.

It's actually a mod from a friend of ours, doing ground combat. People had demanded that we join forces together with him to create an even better mod. We... have some creative differences though, so we refused. Thus some community members decided to merge the two mods on their own.

RE: Instalation 05-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Post In which they didn't succeed yet, or at least the ones commenting about it didn't.

RE: Instalation 05-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Post meh. honestly you guys seem to know what your doing. And I enjoy what has happened with space, even if my comrades are HORRIBLE at it ("its too hard!" they say...), so I trust you guys. Even if it takes a few years more xD